[CCAMP] 答复: Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-08: (with COMMENT)

Zhenghaomian <zhenghaomian@huawei.com> Mon, 13 February 2017 14:21 UTC

From: Zhenghaomian <zhenghaomian@huawei.com>
To: Mirja Kuehlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 14:20:51 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.46.92.203]
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, "ccamp-chairs@ietf.org" <ccamp-chairs@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext@ietf.org>
Subject: [CCAMP] 答复: Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-08: (with COMMENT)

Hi, Mirja,

Thank you for the review and comments. Please see my response as follow.

COMMENT:

1) Is it really necessary to define a sub-TLV to a sub-TLV? The Interface Switching Capability Descriptor is already a sub-TLV of the Link TLV and now you define another sub-sub-TVL for the Frequency availability bitmap.
Is it really necessary to have another sub-TLV system here and a new/own registry, given you only define one (!) sub-sub-TLV? I would say you should remove this sub-sub-TLV system and the registry and simply define the bitmap as fixed part of the new Flexi-Grid-LSC sub-TLV. And if you every need another sub-sub-TLV you simply define another ISCD sub-TLV instead. I really don't think the additional complexity of this sub-sub-TLV system and the registry is justified!
[Haomian] I am not sure whether it is harmful to define sub-TLV of other sub-TLVs, but personally I don't see much complexity by bringing SCSI extension. As your alternative proposal is really a huge change from the current draft, I think we should listen to more voices from WG. Anyway, it's a TLV re-organization issue.

2) The Port Label Restriction field as specified in RFC7579 is not a sub-TLV but a field; see section 4.2:
"The Port Label Restriction sub-TLV is defined in [RFC7579]. "
[Haomian] Noted, will be update in the next version.

3) Section 3 does not specify any requirements (as the title indicates) but only given some quite extensive background information. I don't think this is needed (anymore) for the final published document and could be completely removed or compressed to a few paragraphs in the intro.
[Haomian] Section 3 gives description on how flexi-grid works in DWDM networks, and proposed some specific requirement and terms. I believe these descriptions provide useful information for people to understand primitives of flexi-grid routing. Would you please show some specific text that are redundant? That will be more efficient.

Best wishes,
Haomian

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext/