Re: [CDNi] Preparing draft-ietf-cdni-problem-statement for WG Last Call

Ben Niven-Jenkins <ben@niven-jenkins.co.uk> Mon, 31 October 2011 13:05 UTC

From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <ben@niven-jenkins.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:04:54 +0000
To: "Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com>
Cc: "cdni@ietf.org" <cdni@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CDNi] Preparing draft-ietf-cdni-problem-statement for WG Last Call

On 28 Oct 2011, at 17:49, Woundy, Richard wrote:

> >   o  CableLabs, SNIA and ITU have defined (or are working on) definitions for content related metadata definitions and specification for its distribution.
>
> Are we referring to these CableLabs specifications?
>
> http://www.cablelabs.com/specifications/MD-SP-CONTENTv3.0-I01-100812.pdf
> http://www.cablelabs.com/projects/metadata/specifications/specifications30.html

I believe so, the reference we have currently have for CableLabs is this URI

http://www.cablelabs.com/projects/metadata/primer/

which provides some background and has a link to the actual CableLabs metadata specifications.

> Do we have references for the SNIA and ITU specs as well?

The current reference we have for SNIA is this URI:

http://www.snia.org/tech_activities/standards/curr_standards/cdmi

which has links to the CDMI v1.0 and CDMI v1.0.1 specifications.

I'm not sure what the right ITU reference is for metadata but if someone can suggest one I will include it.

Ben