[CDNi] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme-03

Valery Smyslov via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 17 October 2023 12:45 UTC

From: Valery Smyslov via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: secdir@ietf.org
Cc: cdni@ietf.org, draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 05:45:11 -0700
Subject: [CDNi] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme-03

Reviewer: Valery Smyslov
Review result: Ready

IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat

This draft defines a CDNI metadata object to enable delegation of X.509
certificates using ACME protocol. The actual operations for certificates
delegation using ACME protocol are defined in RFC9115, which contains a
comprehensive list of security considerations. This document just extends the
CDNI metadata interface to enable leveraging the schemes from RFC9115.

Nits:

1. "CDN" is used in the Abstract without expanding, but it is later expanded in
the Introduction.
   I found this inconsistent: if the abbreviation is well-known, then no
   expanding is needed, otherwise, it should be expanded in the Abstract.

2. "CDNI", "FCI" are used with no expanding before the Terminology section,
which specifies where the terms are defined.