Re: [Cellar] AGENDA 2019-07-30 Virtual Interim meeting

Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca> Tue, 30 July 2019 22:52 UTC

From: Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
To: cellar@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 18:51:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [Cellar] AGENDA 2019-07-30 Virtual Interim meeting

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.
We tried to resolve issue #257 that was keeping us from issuing the EBML-11
document need for the AD review, but wind up creating issue #279.

We tried to resolve Matroska issue #334 and related issue #308, but failed.

An important thing is that we agreed to move the time of the meeting
From "20:00UTC" which right now is 22:00 (10PM) Central European Daylight
Savings Time (CET), to be anchored at 21:00 Amsterdam/Berlin time.

That means that it stays at the same time in Europe, but bounces around
slightly for North American types. (Only Oct. 29 is off)

====

	CELLAR -- DRAFT AGENDA for Virtual Interim Meeting
	July 30, 2019        20:00 UTC

	Present:
		1) Michael Richardson
		2) Timothy B. Terriberry
		3) Steve Lhomme
		4) Martin Below
		5) Dave Rice
		6) Michael Niedermeier

Regrets:
	    Jerome Martinez

	INFO:
	   https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2019-cellar-06/session/cellar
	   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-interim-2019-cellar-06-sessa/

	WEB CONFERENCE:
	   https://appear.in/cellar-interim
	   THERE IS NO TELEPHONE DIALIN (You can try this at any time.)
	   These notes at: https://github.com/cellar-wg/chair-notes

	1. Note Well.
		https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well/

	2. Accept draft minutes from June 25 meeting (attached below)
		No objections/changes, minutes passed.

	3. Logistics for Meeting.
	   2a) Etherpad for notes
	       https://etherpad.tools.ietf.org/p/notes-cellar-virtual?useMonospaceFont=true

	   2b) APPEAR.IN for video and screen sharing.
	       https://appear.in/cellar-interim

	   2c) Roll call

	4. WG status update
	   * EBML -- still waiting on revised -11 document for AD evaluation.
	ACTION from last time:
	               ==> issue #257, requested one more day to think about it.
						The changes
	            are fine in general, but want to make sure it precise enough. (MB)

	We created issue #279 to introduce some new text to better explain what a Global Element is, and why it does not end an unlimited size Element.

	   * Thank for reposting of draft-ietf-cellar-tags-02,
	         draft-ietf-cellar-matroska-03  and draft-ietf-cellar-codec-02

	   * The personal draft-weaver-cellar-flac-00 did not get reposted.
	     I believe that we adopted it, so it should have been reposted with a
	     draft-ietf-cellar-flac-00!

	reposted today, thank you.

	5. Any remining EBML issues.

	none known.

	6. ffv1-07 could be reposted in v3 format.
	ACTION: mcr to ask DataTracker and RSE if they are ready for this.

	7. Work on Matroska issues.

	Closed issue #325 (merged).
	Discussed issue #334 and related issue #308.

	8. Any other business.

	Matroska Pull request #318 will be on the agenda for next time.

	Meeting will be moved to an hour earlier, until the time changes.
	Currently it is 23:00 Berlin, so we will anchor the meeting to 22:00 Berlin time.

	====
	        CELLAR -- DRAFT AGENDA for Virtual Interim Meeting
	        June 25, 2019        20:00 UTC

	        INFO:
	           https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2019-cellar-05/session/cellar
	           https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-interim-2019-cellar-05-sessa/

	        WEB CONFERENCE:
	           https://appear.in/cellar-interim
	           THERE IS NO TELEPHONE DIALIN (You can try this at any time.)
	           These notes at: https://github.com/cellar-wg/chair-notes

	        Present:
	                1) Michael Richardson
	                2) Moritz Bunkus
	                3) Martin Below
	                4) Steve Lhomme
	                5) Dave Rice
	                6) Jérôme Martinez

	Regrets:
	    1) Reto Kromer

	        1. Note Well.
	        2. Accept draft minutes from May 28 meeting
	                accepted without change.

	        3. Logistics for Meeting.
	           2a) Etherpad for notes
	               https://etherpad.tools.ietf.org/p/notes-cellar-virtual?useMonospaceFont=true

	           2b) APPEAR.IN for video and screen sharing.
	               https://appear.in/cellar-interim

	           2c) Roll call

	4. WG status update
	           * MCR still need to help Martin on large pull request.
	           * EBML changes... done.
	                + issue #257, requested one more day to think about it. The changes are fine in general, but want to make sure it precise enough. (MB)
	           * ffv1 has been submitted to IESG by AD.

	5. Work on Matroska issues.
	              48 open issues
	              21 open pull requests
	                https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-specification/issues

	                Next time, Steve will walk us through XSLT code to validate the specification.
	TAG:
	     "format extension"   suggestion that does not have to go into the main spec, because it could be added as separate spec   https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-specification/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22format+extension%22
	        "format addition"     something that has to go into main specification.   https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-specification/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22format+addition%22

	* As the WebM will not be defined, remove all of the WebM specific stuff.
	        * MCR suggests removing it from the Matroska document, and leave the history for others.
	        * MB: DivX is also not part of Matroska.  Also concerned about how the Matroska project presents the WebM/DiVX vs core Matroska elements.   The spec will be huge, so take things out.

	* define how to add unpredictable data to the Matroska, so we could track things that are added.  Not just WebM, but also a libmotrsaka as well.
	* extension data would be on their own lines, and revision history would be clearly.

	        6. Any other business.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-