Re: [Cfrg] Adoption call for draft-sullivan-cfrg-voprf

"Paterson Kenneth" <kenny.paterson@inf.ethz.ch> Wed, 08 May 2019 07:35 UTC

From: "Paterson Kenneth" <kenny.paterson@inf.ethz.ch>
To: Rene Struik <rstruik.ext@gmail.com>, CFRG <cfrg@irtf.org>
CC: "draft-sullivan-cfrg-voprf.authors@ietf.org" <draft-sullivan-cfrg-voprf.authors@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 07:34:19 +0000
x-originating-ip: [129.132.139.39]
Subject: Re: [Cfrg] Adoption call for draft-sullivan-cfrg-voprf

Hi Rene,

You’re right that there’s not been much discussion on the list about this draft. It was presented at IETF 101 and there was some discussion in person at the meeting; below is a relevant extract from the minutes of the meeting (https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/minutes-101-cfrg-00.pdf):

Verifiable Oblivious Pseudorandom Functions (VOPRFs)

presenter: Nick Sullivan

slides: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-cfrg-4-voprfs-00

draft: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-cfrg-voprf/

Sullivan introduced a draft that constructs VOPRF based on Elliptic Curves.

Q: (): What is the contents of the draft -- I didn't read it.  You discussed several crypto primitives.