CIDR prefixes

Rick Ervin <rervin@dnanet.com> Fri, 15 November 1996 18:19 UTC

Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 08:32:52 +0000
To: cidrd@iepg.org
From: Rick Ervin <rervin@dnanet.com>
Subject: CIDR prefixes

To CIDR:

Has anyone taken the CIDR prefix table, and converted it to the appropriate
subnet mask?

I'm having a devil of a time with this, and it would sure be nice if there
was a table (such as the Class C Subnetting sheet that I have) that would
look something like this:

CIDR Prefix     # of former class C nets        Appropriate Subnet Mask
/24                     1                       255.255.255.0
etc., etc.

This would sure make it easy for a dummy like me to set up routers that are
using the CIDR scheme, as I am only clear on the old Subnet Mask way of
doing things.

Anyway, if there is such an animal, I would appreciate knowing where to get
it.  Otherwise, I guess I'll have to sit down and wrestle with creating this
list myself.

Thank you for your time.

Rick Ervin
DNA

*     Rick Ervin                                        *
*     System Administrator/Postmaster/Hostmaster        *
*     DNA/Digital Network Access                        *
*     100 W. Clarendon, Suite 1150                      *
*     Phoenix, Arizona  85013                           *
*     rervin@dnanet.com                                 *
*     (602) 277-2725                                    *
*     (602) 277-2845 (FAX)                              *
*     (602) 263-8731 (Computer Lab)                     *