Re: Submission of a document as an Informational RFC

Steve Coya <scoya@ietf.org> Mon, 12 August 1996 17:50 UTC

To: Geoff Huston <gih@aarnet.edu.au>
cc: Robert Elz <hostmaster@munnari.oz.au>, iesg@ietf.org, cidrd@iepg.org
Subject: Re: Submission of a document as an Informational RFC
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 13:50:49 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@ietf.org
From: Steve Coya <scoya@ietf.org>

>> Given kre's response I'm geting confused as to the status of CIDRD, as
>>  I thought it was the hubbard draft which was on cidrd's plate right
>> now but then again as I'm not the WG chair I'm allowed to get confused
>> - right? :-)

Absolutely! :-)

>> I wonder if Vince or Tony (or Scott or Mike as the ADs here) could
>> provide a helpful summary of where CIDRD is up to and what work
>> remains for the working group.

Well, I wasn't on the list of sources, but from the Secretariat
perspective, CIDRD still exists as a WG, and has the following "active"
documents:

 1. Implications of Various Address Allocation Policies for Internet
    Routing <draft-ietf-cidrd-addr-ownership-07.txt>... Approved by
    IESG for publication as a BCP

 2. Classless in-addr.arpa delegation
	<draft-ietf-cidrd-classless-inaddr-01.txt>

 3. Observations on the use of Components of the Class A Address Space
    within the Internet <draft-ietf-cidrd-classa-01.txt>

 4. Suggestions for Market-Based Allocation of IP Address Blocks
	<draft-ietf-cidrd-mktbased-alloc-00.txt>

Steve