Re: Last Call: TN3270 Extensions for LUname and Printer Selection to Proposed Standard

Bill Kelly <kellywh@mail.auburn.edu> Fri, 18 February 1994 02:16 UTC

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 20:04:22 -0600
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Bill Kelly <kellywh@mail.auburn.edu>
Subject: Re: Last Call: TN3270 Extensions for LUname and Printer Selection to Proposed Standard
To: Multiple recipients of list TN3270E <TN3270E@list.nih.gov>

On Thu, 17 Feb 1994, IESG Secretary wrote:

> The IESG has received a request from the Telnet TN3270 Enhancements
> Working Group to consider <draft-ietf-tn3270e-luname-print-02.txt>
> "TN3270 Extensions for LUname and Printer Selection" for the status of
> Proposed Standard.

> final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
> iesg@cnri.reston.va.us, or ietf@cnri.reston.va.us mailing lists by
> March 3, 1994.

Hmmm...maybe it's just a misunderstanding on my part, but this announcement
confuses the heck out of me.  This is a standards-track RFC??  I was
under the impression it was to be either an experimental or an
informational RFC.  If we're putting out two standards track RFCs, it
seems to me that it will be awfully confusing - which one are developers
supposed to adhere to?  Both??  Take your pick??  They certainly aren't
interoperable.  What gives?

By the way, the latest revision of (what I thought was the standards
track RFC) is ready, and I'll get it to Roger and Bob tomorrow.  No
earth-shattering changes...just clearing up LU1 SCS data versus SSCP-LU
data, for the most part.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Kelly               phone: (205) 844-4512
Auburn University     Internet: kellywh@mail.auburn.edu