Re: draft-cameron-tmux-01.tx

"Donald E. Eastlake 3rd (Beast)" <dee@skidrow.lkg.dec.com> Wed, 17 November 1993 14:00 UTC

To: Dave Crocker <dcrocker@mordor.stanford.edu>
Cc: "Beast (Donald E. Eastlake 3rd)" <beast@world.std.com>, cmp-id@xylint.co.uk
Subject: Re: draft-cameron-tmux-01.tx
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1993 08:27:03 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd (Beast)" <dee@skidrow.lkg.dec.com>

Dave,

Well, of course it is up to the sending host.  But if that host
thought it worth while to set the TOS on the original datagrams, I
would think the default would be that it would want the multiplexed
message to have only compatible datagrams and to have the same TOS as
they do.

I don't agree that TOS is useless.  Unused perhaps, but not useless.

Donald