Re: [codec] Planning of further codec testing

Anisse Taleb <Anisse.Taleb@huawei.com> Fri, 05 August 2011 15:40 UTC

Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:40:28 +0000
From: Anisse Taleb <Anisse.Taleb@huawei.com>
To: Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell@juniper.net>, Christian Hoene <christianhoene@googlemail.com>, "codec@ietf.org" <codec@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [codec] Planning of further codec testing

Dear Christian, Gregory

Just a suggestion....to get an AAC-LD or ELD (enhanced low delay), encoder and decoder you probably would like to get in touch with the folks in FhG IIS (Markus Schnell or Ralf Geiger). I am not sure they would be willing to provide you with a complete suite of encoder and decoder, however, they could encode the items for you if you provide them with the input wavefiles...It's worth a shot.

I am personally skeptical to using the workaround suggested by Gregory, the encoder and decoder may be subject to some obscure EULA and it is not clear what delay this implementation has and the reported limited set of bitrates and actual quality. It is however a good fallback if FhG is unwilling to help with this.

Kind regards,
/Anisse