[Coin] 答复: Compute-first-networking side meeting on Thursday

"Hejianfei (Jeffrey)" <jeffrey.he@huawei.com> Sat, 16 November 2019 01:25 UTC

From: "Hejianfei (Jeffrey)" <jeffrey.he@huawei.com>
To: Marie-Jose Montpetit <marie@mjmontpetit.com>, "coin@irtf.org" <coin@irtf.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 01:25:06 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.52.44.222]
Subject: [Coin] 答复: Compute-first-networking side meeting on Thursday

Hi Marie-Jose and COIN,
chair-hat-off…
As one of the authors in one of these draft, I am happy to give a short presentation in the COIN meeting on Friday, if you are interested. Below are some background in advance besides these three drafts.
That side meeting is to address the “network for edge computing”, but to target a near-term objective since the MEC for 5G, will probably roll out soon, say in 2020. The issues to address are, if the service instances in MEC are “equivalent” to the clients in some degree, how can we leverage the “anycast” capability in the network to optimize the load balance and delay between the clients and service instances. Essentially that solution is to enhance the control plane for “anycast” and reuse the data plane of current routers. But to achieve the dynamism and flow affinity at the same time, there are some tricky technical issues to address.
China Mobile and us implemented a prototype and have done a field trial in China Mobile’s MEC sites in Hangzhou, China, to illustrate the feasibility and demonstrate how it works. This will also be introduced in this side meting this Thursday.
If you are interested, welcome to join the side meeting: Thursday (21st  Nov) morning at 8:30 in Room VIP A.
Cheers,
Jeffrey