[conex] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wagner-conex-credit-00.txt

David Wagner <david.wagner@ikr.uni-stuttgart.de> Fri, 12 July 2013 10:02 UTC

From: David Wagner <david.wagner@ikr.uni-stuttgart.de>
To: conex@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:01:58 +0200
Subject: [conex] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wagner-conex-credit-00.txt

Hi all,

we submitted a new draft describing potential definitions of credit and credit handling in the audit.
This is meant as basis for discussion and we would appreciate feedback, hopefully leading to final definition of credit in the abstract-mech document soon.

David and Mirja
--- Begin Message ---
A new version of I-D, draft-wagner-conex-credit-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by David Wagner and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-wagner-conex-credit
Revision:	 00
Title:		 ConEx Crediting and Auditing
Creation date:	 2013-07-12
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 11
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wagner-conex-credit-00

Abstract:
   Congestion Exposure (ConEx) is a mechanism by which senders inform
   the network about the congestion encountered by previous packets on
   the same flow.  In order to make ConEx information useful, reliable
   auditing is necessary to provide a strong incentive to declare ConEx
   information honestly.  However, there is always a delay between
   congestion events and the respective ConEx signal at the audit.  To
   avoid state and complex Round-Trip Time estimations at the audit, in
   [draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech] it is proposed to use credit signals
   sent in advance to cover potential congestion in the next feedback
   delay duration.  Unfortunately, introducing credit does not provide
   incentives to honestly report congestion.  This document lists
   potential issues regarding the proposed crediting and discusses
   potential solutions approaches to interpret and handle credits at the
   audit.

The IETF Secretariat

--- End Message ---