[Congress] Erik Kline's No Objection on charter-ietf-congress-00-00: (with COMMENT)

Erik Kline via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 09 March 2023 06:57 UTC

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: congress-chairs@ietf.org, congress@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 22:57:54 -0800
Subject: [Congress] Erik Kline's No Objection on charter-ietf-congress-00-00: (with COMMENT)

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-congress-00-00: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-congress/

COMMENT:

# Internet AD comments for charter-ietf-congress-00-00
CC @ekline

## Comments

### P1

* I'm not sure the charter needs to capture this comment/tone about prior
  era research groups.  Perhaps just trim it down a bit, maybe:

  "and proposals seldom emerged having passed Internet-scale testing"

  or something?

### P7/Bullet 1

* What is the basis for requiring AD approval for application of an algorithm
  to a restricted deployment environment?

### _general_

* Are detection and adaption to other changes in path characteristics that
  might appear like congestion also be in scope?

  I'm thinking of networks of wireless links where the topology changes that
  can result in changes in latency/RTT, packet reordering, and of course
  packet drops that are handover-related but not necessary congestion-related
  (though I think might perhaps appear as congestion?).

  (See also 18m:45s of the presentation video at:
    https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3286062.3286075)