[core] 答复: draft coap-size

TianLinyi <tianlinyi@huawei.com> Sun, 06 November 2011 13:33 UTC

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 13:31:41 +0000
From: TianLinyi <tianlinyi@huawei.com>
To: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>, Likepeng <likepeng@huawei.com>
Cc: "core@ietf.org" <core@ietf.org>
Subject: [core] 答复: draft coap-size

Hi, all

I believe the size option should be used in case the data is not changing during the whole transaction. If it changes, the previously transferred block may be useless. This happens regardingless whether the size option is accurate or not.

For example, if the coap server is capturing a video when you initial the block tranfer at 18:00 GMT you get a video until that time. Even though the video is growing you will only get that snapshot. When you initial a new block transfer you will get a new one.

We may need a new mechanism to indicate the current transferred block is no longer valid a new transaction is needed.

Cheers,
Linyi