Re: [core] Informative refs in core-coap: groupcomm / http-mapping ?

"Dijk, Esko" <esko.dijk@philips.com> Tue, 09 April 2013 11:00 UTC

From: "Dijk, Esko" <esko.dijk@philips.com>
To: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 11:00:00 +0000
x-originating-ip: [194.171.252.103]
Cc: "core (core@ietf.org)" <core@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [core] Informative refs in core-coap: groupcomm / http-mapping ?

> Oh.  This is so obvious that I just made that change in the SVN right away [1275].
Ok, good. That puts some pressure on the http-mapping authors to include a decent default URI convention soon ;)

>   A more general discussion of group communication with CoAP is in [I-D.ietf-core-groupcomm].
Ok for me as well.

>   Proxying multicast requests is discussed in more detail in [I-D.ietf-core-groupcomm]; a
>   proposal to address the base URI issue can be found in section 3 of [I-D.bormann-coap-misc].
Ok for me. (Under the working assumption that our next-version text on this topic will arrive soon)

Additionally, we could add in core-coap section 8.2 in the first paragraph, in the sentence between the brackets
" (For example, in [RFC6690] query
   filtering, a server should not respond to a multicast request if the
   filter does not match.)"

the following:
"[I-D.ietf-core-groupcomm] lists a number of example use cases, each with guidelines on when a server needs to respond and when not."

This is a kind of extension of the single example to multiple examples via the reference.

regards,
Esko