Re: [core] Should DNS usage of CoAP implementations favor SRV?

"Rahman, Akbar" <Akbar.Rahman@InterDigital.com> Mon, 03 December 2012 21:12 UTC

Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:12:08 -0500
From: "Rahman, Akbar" <Akbar.Rahman@InterDigital.com>
To: Kerry Lynn <kerlyn2001@gmail.com>, Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>, core <core@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [core] Should DNS usage of CoAP implementations favor SRV?

I agree that Kerry & company had several I-Ds that did do design work into the relationship between CoAP and DNS.  In fact, the Groupcomm I-D currently references some of these ideas for any appraoch beyond raw multicast IP manipulation:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-03#page-5

So we need to decide as a WG if we want to support this approach or not.

Regards,

Akbar