Re: [core] Removing entries from CoRE RD

Alessandro Ludovici <alessandro.ludovici@entel.upc.edu> Tue, 13 November 2012 16:31 UTC

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:31:37 +0100
From: Alessandro Ludovici <alessandro.ludovici@entel.upc.edu>
To: Antonio Jara <jara@um.es>
Cc: core@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [core] Removing entries from CoRE RD

Dear Antonio,

I don't think that using update requests would be
simpler than using a remove request. How does the endpoint specifies
that it wishes to perform a removal in an update request? It could be
confusing for the RD as well as it could create inconsistency. Instead,
a remove request would be more straightforward and helps to avoid
confusion.

Best Regards,

Alessandro

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:18:25
+0100, Antonio Jara wrote:

> Dear Alessandro,
>
> If you want to
modify the ep, then sends an update. I guess is simpler
> than partial
removes, that could create inconsistencies easily...

> Best
regards,
> Antonio J. Jara
>
> Quoting Alessandro Ludovici :
>
>> Dear
List, I have a comment about the removal of RD entries specified in
section 5.5 of draft-shelby-core-resource-directory-04. The removal
request interface defined by the draft is specified as follows: Method:
DELETE URI Template: /{+location} At present, the removal request has
the effects of removing the whole registration of an endpoint. However,
an endpoint could have many resources registered at the same location.
If it wishes to remove only one or more resources but maintains the
remaining it can't. I propose to enrich the removal request interface by
allowing an endpoint to send the removal parameter of one or multiple
resource in CoRE Link Format. If a removal request contains a payload in
CoRE Link Format the RD will remove only the resources that the payload
specifies. Otherwise, the RD will remove the whole registration of the
endpoint. Regards, -- Alessandro Ludovici Wireless Network Group(WNG),
Department of Telematic Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de
Catalunya, C/Jordi Girona 1-3, Mòdul C3, 08034 Barcelona, Spain; E-Mail:
alessandro.ludovici@entel.upc.edu [1] Tel.: +34-93-401-70-41; Fax:
+34-93-401-10-58

Links:
------