Re: [core] Suggestions re: how to implement HEAD semantics within COAP?

"Charles Palmer" <charles.palmer@onzo.com> Sat, 07 May 2011 10:26 UTC

Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 11:25:58 +0100
From: Charles Palmer <charles.palmer@onzo.com>
To: paduffy@cisco.com, Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Cc: core <core@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [core] Suggestions re: how to implement HEAD semantics within COAP?

I guess the Size option from draft-li-core-coap-size-option-00 could be extended such that a CoAP GET request including Size=0 is treated as a request to get the size of the resource representation (but not the resource payload) and so could be translated to and from an HTTP HEAD (and could return Content-Length to a CoAP requester).