Re: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-shelby-core-link-format-00

Peter Bigot <pab@peoplepowerco.com> Wed, 29 September 2010 16:17 UTC

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:18:04 -0500
From: Peter Bigot <pab@peoplepowerco.com>
To: Zach Shelby <zach@sensinode.com>
Cc: core <core@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-shelby-core-link-format-00

The link extensions just prior to section 2.1 need to add required
quotations around URI and URI-Reference, as are present with the
anchor link param in draft-nottingham-http-link-header.  Otherwise
they're not conformant to that document's syntax for link-extensions.

      link-extension    = ( "d" "=" <"> URI <"> )
      link-extension    = ( "sh" "=" <"> URI-Reference <"> )
      link-extension    = ( "n" "=" quoted-string )
      link-extension    = ( "ct" "=" integer )
      link-extension    = ( "id" "=" quoted-string )

Also need to add:

      integer = 1*DIGIT

Unfortunately this makes it impossible to syntactically distinguish
URIs from strings in the "n" and "id" extensions.  Dunno if that will
be a problem for anybody.

Peter