Re: [core] Questions/Review on draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-12

peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl> Mon, 06 November 2017 08:40 UTC

Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 09:40:32 +0100
From: peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
To: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
Cc: 'Christian Amsüss' <c.amsuess@energyharvesting.at>, draft-ietf-core-resource-directory@ietf.org, 'core' <core@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [core] Questions/Review on draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-12

Hi Jim and Christian,

The discussion on a set of RDs is rather worrying to me.
I do understand the remark by Jim that the end-points composing a group
could be stored on different RDs than the RD handling the group
registration.
The RD is not aware of the remoteness of the eps and the client has to
handle the distribution.
It is not different from registering anchors to different hosts.

However, envisaging a set of RDs implies many protocols to keep entries
synchronized and handle communication errors.
I hope I misunderstood the intention of Christian.

Greetings,

Peter