[core] Review of draft-ietf-core-coral -02

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Sun, 12 January 2020 05:03 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: draft-ietf-core-coral@ietf.org
CC: core@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 21:03:48 -0800
Subject: [core] Review of draft-ietf-core-coral -02

Klaus,

The change of text by adding the last paragraph of section 3.1.1 took me by
surprise.  It does not match what my understanding of how things are going
to be parsed.  It took me quite a while to realize that there is a set of
conflicting statements here.  To me, the text appears to state that when
parsing  document there is a single environment, and that environment
consists of two variables.  However, when parsing a link or a form there is
a new pair of variables that are added to this environment.  Thus in my mind
the environment consists of a stack of variable pairs not just a single pair
of variables.

Section 3.2.1 - There is a MUST NOT in the last paragraph, is the receiver
of a document supposed to enforce this in some manner if it is in a location
that it does not currently care about.  Some things can be checked such as
an integer where a text string is required, but for form fields this would
seem to be not generally enforceable.

Section 4.2.3.3 - I think I might be missing some restrictions here and want
to verify.  Consider the following document:

#using a = <http://coapapp.org/app1>

a:2#tag </tos>

In this case, is the result of the processing
<http://coapapp.org/app12#tag>?

Jim