[core] Draft Agenda for IETF 78 CORE WG

Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com> Fri, 16 July 2010 06:02 UTC

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:03:04 -0600
To: core <core@ietf.org>
Subject: [core] Draft Agenda for IETF 78 CORE WG

The following agenda is my wishful thinking of the the agenda I wish we could have. The main problem with it is that is is roughly and hour or so more than we have (assuming a few things go over as usual). The agenda below will change - and we probably need to reduce the number of drafts we try to cover in this meeting as well as reduce the length of time of some of the sections.

What Carsten and I need is input from folks on what are the really key parts that we really can not remove from this meeting as well as the parts we can't make any shorter. Help us get the agenda so it represents what the WG needs to make good progress. Recognize that we don't have to solve all the problems in this meeting and even it something does not get agenda time, decisions can be made on the mailing list and there are future meetings.

I have been in other WG meetings where there was so little time for each topic that absolutely no decisions were made and no progress was made. I really don't want to have that.

------------

Draft Agenda v1

This agenda is likely to change as we figure out how to devote more time to the key topics. You will note the times below add up to much more time than we have.

Status Update & Administrative - 10 min (Chairs)

Base CoAP Protocol  - 40 min (Zach)
    draft-ietf-core-coap-01.txt

Subscriptions Options - 30 min (Klaus)
  draft-hartke-coap-observe-01

CoAP Miscellaneous Changes - 20 min (Carsten)
   draft-bormann-coap-misc-05

Congestion Control - 20 min (Lars)
   draft-eggert-core-congestion-control-00

HTTP Mapping - 15 min (Zach)