Re: [COSE] Recharter the COSE working group.

Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> Mon, 13 August 2018 19:45 UTC

From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 15:45:36 -0400
Cc: cose <cose@ietf.org>
To: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
Subject: Re: [COSE] Recharter the COSE working group.

I support this recharter activity.  The SUIT WG does not want to specify the use of hash-based signature algorithms with COSE because they have much greater applicability than just signing software packages.  I did write a draft <draft-housley-suit-cose-hash-sig-04> that could be used as a starting point for this portion of the work.

Russ