Re: [cso] Directional Changes for CSO work

Young Lee <ylee@huawei.com> Tue, 14 September 2010 16:16 UTC

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:15:59 -0500
From: Young Lee <ylee@huawei.com>
To: 'Daniele Ceccarelli' <daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com>, cso@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [cso] Directional Changes for CSO work

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your comment.

The actual work on PCE will be worked on close collaboration between the PCE
WG and this “WG” (assuming this will be a new WG). This WG is focused on the
Query that tells “Network Stratum” (PCE is one of the component in the
network stratum), for instance, to estimate latency between point A and B,
then PCE might be used to estimate such request, or some other mechanism
similar to PCE. I believe this particular mechanism is already in place in
PCE. But how PCE communicates with the NCG needs to be collaborated between
PCE WG and this work. Another example is how PCE would provide virtual
network topology to application stratum is subject to the interest of the
PCE WG.

In a nutshell, NS Query triggers many works in the network stratum in the
area of policy, network management, PCE, etc.

I will look at “why needed” sections of both documents and clarify them. If
you can suggest some text on that, that will be also great.

Best Regards,

Young

  _____