Re: [dane] draft-ietf-dane-srv

Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net> Mon, 30 September 2013 18:42 UTC

From: Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:42:30 -0400
To: "dane@ietf.org list" <dane@ietf.org>, Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
Subject: Re: [dane] draft-ietf-dane-srv

On Sep 19, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net> wrote:

>>> Yes I would like to. I have been busy at work recently, but I will try to
>>> find the time to put out an update.
>>
>> Welcome back.
>
> +1.
>

>> When you get a chance, please also take a look at
>> the new OPS and SMTP drafts Wes and I put together.  Let us know
>> if you have any comments, and of course we should try to avoid
>> conflicts between these and the SRV draft.
>>
>> For example, the new SMTP draft specifies that SMTP servers SHOULD
>> NOT publish TLSA RRs with usages 0/1, both for MTA to MTA traffic
>> and for port 587 when MUAs discover submission hosts via SRV records.
>> So the SRV draft should not exclude such application-specific
>> specifications.
>>

> During the Berlin meeting it was proposed that draft-ietf-dane-smtp be merged with draft-dukhovni-smtp-opportunistic-tls.
>
> There was overwhelming support in favor of doing so -- I'm assuming y'all are fine with this?

Dear Tony,

Can you please let us know if you have the time (and inclination) to continue working on a combined draft-ietf-dane-smtp / draft-dukhovni-smtp-opportunistic-tls document with yourself and Viktor as co-authors? We understand that you are really busy, and are fine if you simply do not have the time at the moment….

If we do not get a response by Monday October 7th (one week) we will have to appoint new author(s).

[ Apologies for doing this on-list.]