Re: [dc] Work items for this group

Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com> Fri, 16 December 2011 20:10 UTC

From: Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
To: "Luyuan Fang (lufang)" <lufang@cisco.com>, Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>, "dc@ietf.org" <dc@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 20:09:03 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.139.167]
Subject: Re: [dc] Work items for this group

LuYuan,

I said that " .. might not need to be discussed again at the DC Interim meeting. But they are very good documents in describing Data Center general architecture and address resolution issues in data centers, which people on this mail list should be interested in"

Having said this, if this DC Interim meeting is intended for IETF across area discussion on Data Center networking, it might worth the time to bring up all data center related work in various IETF WGs. For example, the Mobile IP technologies which allow mobile devices to move anywhere can be valuable to data center network to allow VMs to be placed anywhere.

I assume it is up to ADs to decide what to be discussed at this DC Interim meeting when there are too many contributions.

Linda