Re: [dc] draft-khasnabish-vmmi-problems-00.txt

Lizhong Jin<lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn> Fri, 20 January 2012 08:03 UTC

To: vishwas.ietf@gmail.com
From: Lizhong Jin <lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:02:31 +0800
Cc: jmh@joelhalpern.com, adalela@cisco.com, dc@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dc] draft-khasnabish-vmmi-problems-00.txt

Hi Vishwas and all,
EVB like technologies currently only focus on the interaction between
hypervisor and ToR. The network control plane may not locate only on ToR.
What's more, the interaction is not happened between hypervisor and its
connected ToR, but maybe between hypervisor and ToR in other site.

I agree, hypervisor and network based encapsulations are quite different.
But we could consider the design that ToR has same control plane as
hypervisor. Then communication between VM and physical server would have
same control plane.

Regards
Lizhong