[Detnet] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-flow-information-model-13: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 17 December 2020 11:25 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-detnet-flow-information-model@ietf.org, detnet-chairs@ietf.org, detnet@ietf.org, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, lberger@labn.net
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 03:25:50 -0800
Subject: [Detnet] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-flow-information-model-13: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-detnet-flow-information-model-13: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-flow-information-model/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document. From a purist point of view, I
appreciate to see this document being published as "informational" and *before*
the data models.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated), and some nits.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

In general and may be I missed it, but I see no relationships between the three
information models (app/flow/service) and relationships among entities are also
quite an important part of information models.

-- Title --
The title is only about "flow" but the abstract and content are about "flow and
services". Strongly suggest to update the title.

-- Section 1 --
Should "IP 6-tuple" have a reference? I guess that this is about the common
5-tuple + DSCP but a definition will be welcome (or add a reference to section
5.4.2)

Adding a reference to IEEE 802.1 TSN ?

-- Section 1.1 --
I am puzzled by this sentence "herefore, the DetNet flow and service
information models described in this document are based on [IEEE8021Qcc]"...
Does one information model supersede or contradict the other one ? Else, why
redo the work at the IETF? It is partially answered in section 1.2 but still
unclear to me.

-- Section 5.2 --
Is the list strictly limited to Ethernet, MPLS, and IP ?

-- Section 6.3.3 --
Isn't the word 'jitter' more common than 'Maximum Latency Variation' ?

-- Section 6.3.5 & 6.3.6 --
Missing the unit ?

== NITS ==

-- Section 2.3 --
To respect the convention of the previous sentence, I would have expected that
"SourceMacAddress" would be written as "SourceMACAddress" as "MAC" is an
acronym ;-)

-- Section 5 --
s/with fix packet size/with fixed packet size/ ?

-- Section 5.1 --
s/many to one/n:1/ to be consistent ?