Re: [Detnet] Comments for draft-km-detnet-for-ocn-03

xiong.quan@zte.com.cn Mon, 09 October 2023 07:12 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 15:12:01 +0800
From: xiong.quan@zte.com.cn
To: kiran.ietf@gmail.com, liupengyjy@chinamobile.com
Cc: detnet@ietf.org, draft-km-detnet-for-ocn@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Detnet] Comments for draft-km-detnet-for-ocn-03

Hi Kiran and Peng,

Sorry for the late reply!

For the discussion about "4.2.4. Provisioning for a variety of Traffic flows", I have same opinions with you.

Scaling-requirements section 3.8 has mentioned the enhanced DetNet should support different levels of application requirements.  I think this is an important requirement for the DetNet deployment.
The draft-km-detnet-for-ocn has provided a good example use case and it may cover different levels of applications within industrial operations and control process.

Moreover, mutiple services and traffic flows with different bounded latency requirements may be also co-existed in the same application.
These flows should be transmitted and forwarded with different DetNet behaviors.

From the use cases in RFC8578, DetNet applications differ in their network topologies and specific desired behavior and different services requires differentiated DetNet QoS.
But the DetNet QoS in RFC8655 is expressed in single goal of bounded latency.   Differentiated DetNet QoS and different DetNet behaviors may be discussed.
The detailed requirements and gap analysis has been provided  in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xiong-detnet-enhanced-detnet-gap-analysis/.
Hope more discussion and collaborate with you about this topic! Thanks!

Best Regards,
Quan

<Thanks Peng for reviewing the recent version. Please see inline.

<On September 27, 2023 at 8:28:48 PM, Peng Liu (liupengyjy@chinamobile.com)