Re: [Detnet] Validity of Deadline based forwarding

"Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <gengxuesong@huawei.com> Tue, 21 November 2023 08:06 UTC

From: "Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <gengxuesong@huawei.com>
To: Jinoo Joung <jjoung@smu.ac.kr>, "peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn" <peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn>
CC: "detnet@ietf.org" <detnet@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 08:05:56 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.112.41.43]
Subject: Re: [Detnet] Validity of Deadline based forwarding

Hi

Thanks for starting this thread for deep discussion of  Deadline based forwarding for clarification. (I have also raised similar concern in IETF 117)
I think the conclusion is quite clear. Here are some further comments for WG’s reference based on the agreement:

1.       Maybe we should consider to adding a criteria in queuing mechanism comparing to differentiate whether the mechanism could provide latency uncertainty or not. (for example in-time mode of deadline based forwarding)

2.       I’m still  confused with the on-time mode with certainty. If the latency is guaranteed by eligible arrival pattern and proper resource reservation (just as C-Score), so how deadline could play a role in this mechanism?

Best
Xuesong