[dhcwg] Agenda for IETF-69 dhc WG meeting

Behcet Sarikaya <behcetsarikaya@yahoo.com> Tue, 24 July 2007 03:17 UTC

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:17:14 -0700
From: Behcet Sarikaya <behcetsarikaya@yahoo.com>
To: dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: [dhcwg] Agenda for IETF-69 dhc WG meeting

Hi all,
  Let me write here what I proposed during the session today in hopes to stir some discussion:
In RFC 3633, IAID is defined as 4 octet field to be the unique identifier for each IA_PD.
In view of per-Mobile Node prefix delegation, I suggest that we extend IAID to be 6 octets and use MAC address of MN for which the prefix is requested. This way the access router can keep track of each prefix it receives by associating the prefix with the MAC address.
  IA_PD could be easily redefined to add  one more line  and make IAID to be 6 octets with the remaining to bytes reserved and the overall option length to become 16+IA_PD options.
  In case MAC address can not be used, it is possible to convert mobile equipment IDs to 6 octet MAC-like addresses (for 3GPP and 3GPP2 links).
  Your comments on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Behcet