RE: [dhcwg] [dhcpv6] UseMulticast

"Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se> Thu, 16 May 2002 13:10 UTC

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se>
To: 'JINMEI Tatuya / ????' <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>, dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] [dhcpv6] UseMulticast
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:07:43 -0500
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

My take is that a Reply MUST always include the Server Identifier option (since that identifies the server responding) and it MUST include the Client Identifier option if the client sent one.

I think the statements such as "no other options" should likely be reviewed and perhaps restates as no options containing configuration related information. We probably need a blanket statement somewhere that clarifies that all responses from a server to a client MUST contain:
- The server identifier of the server.
- The client identifier of the client if the client provided it.

- Bernie