Re: [dhcwg] WGLC: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-tunnel-01.txt

Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com> Fri, 28 September 2012 02:19 UTC

From: Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com>
To: Tomek Mrugalski <tomasz.mrugalski@gmail.com>, "dhcwg@ietf.org" <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 02:19:08 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.99.24]
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] WGLC: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-tunnel-01.txt

Hi Tomek,

Thanks a lot for your comments. As Ole has said earlier, we should do both. I fully agree that updating RFC3315 to relax the usage of link-local addresses is great. However, we still need a mechanism as described in the current draft so far to deal with existing DHCPv6 servers which have been implemented according to the current RFC3315 specifications, rather than the RFC3315bis.

Best regards,
Xiaohu