RE: [dhcwg] Review of draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications

"Tony Hain" <alh-ietf@tndh.net> Tue, 27 March 2007 13:30 UTC

From: Tony Hain <alh-ietf@tndh.net>
To: 'Tim Chown' <tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Review of draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:43:13 +0100
Cc: v6ops@ops.ietf.org, dhcwg@ietf.org

One of the things that this draft might want to do is note that 'sparse
allocation of the space' is the function that mitigates scanning. There is a
focus on 'random' which is the mechanism to distribute sparsely in the
space, but I have found that many people get hung up on 'random' and miss
the point that sparseness is the value.

Tony

	id <S2A2268> for <dhcwg@ietf.org> from <alh-ietf@tndh.net>;
	Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:43:19 -0700