Re: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-subscriber-id

fredrik@packetfront.com Tue, 10 August 2004 21:10 UTC

From: fredrik@packetfront.com
To: Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-subscriber-id
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:30:29 +0200
Cc: dhcwg@ietf.org, ietf-ipr@ietf.org
Sender: dhcwg-bounces@ietf.org

Quoting Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com>:

> draft-ietf-dhc-subscriber-id-06.txt includes a statement that the IETF
> has been notified about IPR claimed in regard to this specification.

> terms.  The IETF Executive Director has tried to contact PacketFront
> to obtain a clarification of the IPR statement, and I (acting as
> dhc WG chair) have asked PacketFront to change their IPR statement
> to grant royalty-free licenses for the use of this technology.
> PacketFront has not responded to either the IETF Executive Director
> or to me.

That is correct, we have not responded directly to you or the IETF Executive
Director.

Our legal office sent the following message on June 30th to the ietf-
ipr@ietf.org e-mail address (and received an automatic response that the
message had been received [Inquiry #5374]). I am sure you should have been
included in the sendlist but for some reason was not. We have not been
intentionally unresponsive but I apologize for not including you in the
original update.

It would be nice though to understand why the content of this message was not
also published on the IETF IPR web-page when it was received.

I hope this e-mail will clarify the situation enough for the WG to proceed as
it see fit. As far as PacketFront is concerned we believe that this statement
is sufficiently clear and that the IPR issues with the subscriber-id draft are
now resolved to the extent they can be.