[dhcwg] Failover meeting 2011-07-28 - agenda

Tomasz Mrugalski <tomasz.mrugalski@gmail.com> Thu, 28 July 2011 17:26 UTC

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:25:56 -0400
From: Tomasz Mrugalski <tomasz.mrugalski@gmail.com>
To: DHC WG <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Subject: [dhcwg] Failover meeting 2011-07-28 - agenda

Hi,
Sorry for the late notice, but I received room confirmation this
morning. Don't worry if you skip this meeting. This is more or less
weekly activity, so there will be plenty of opportunities to participate
and contribute.

The next failover meeting will take place today (Thursday,
2011-07-28, 14:00 EDT). For remote participants, see bridge info below.
For local participants, you are welcome to join in room 303AB,
IETF'81 meeting venue.

Note: we are moving to webex based meetings. Follow up meetings will
hopefully be announced on DHC list in advance.

AGENDA

0. Agenda bashing

1. Post DHC meeting comments on failover-requirements draft

2. Connection creation
 2.1 comments on contributed text

3. Address/prefix allocation mechanisms
 3.1 apportioned allocation - mechanism from v4 failover
 3.2 independent allocation - leverages vast v6 space
 3.3 determining allocation approach

4. Partner update
 4.1 Time skew
 4.2 Sending data
 4.3 Conflict resolution
 4.4 Acknowledging reception

5. Endpoint states
 5.1 State descriptions
 5.2 Initializing FSM
 5.3 State transitions

6. Failure recovery
 6.1 partner-down event
 6.2 network-partition event

7. security

I don't really expect to discuss all those items in today's meeting.
Consider this a multi-meeting agenda that doubles as table of contents
for the design document as well. We will work as far as we can today and
will continue during next meeting.

DESIGN DOCUMENT
Based on our discussion and proposal sent by Kim, I have prepared an
initial sketch of the design document. Don't expect much at this stage -
it is mostly a table of contents. The idea is to work from there and
start filling the content once we reach consensus on various topics.

REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT
The latest version of requirements document is available here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mrugalski-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-requirements/

See you there,
Tomek