Re: [Digitalmap-yang] Initial draft of the version 01 of the draft-olga-digital-map

Olga Havel <olga.havel@huawei.com> Mon, 23 October 2023 16:09 UTC

Return-Path: <olga.havel@huawei.com>
X-Original-To: digitalmap-yang@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: digitalmap-yang@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id AE064C15198F for <digitalmap-yang@ietfa.amsl.com>; Mon, 23 Oct 2023 09:09:04 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -6.906
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-6.906 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI=-5, RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_H5=0.001, RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_WL=0.001, RCVD_IN_ZEN_BLOCKED_OPENDNS=0.001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001, T_SCC_BODY_TEXT_LINE=-0.01] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([50.223.129.194]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id AU30XCeDEhlx for <digitalmap-yang@ietfa.amsl.com>; Mon, 23 Oct 2023 09:09:03 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from frasgout.his.huawei.com (frasgout.his.huawei.com [185.176.79.56]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher AECDH-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 9CB2CC151534 for <digitalmap-yang@ietf.org>; Mon, 23 Oct 2023 09:09:02 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from frapeml500004.china.huawei.com (unknown [172.18.147.206]) by frasgout.his.huawei.com (SkyGuard) with ESMTP id 4SDg5J539Cz6JBC3; Tue, 24 Oct 2023 00:05:24 +0800 (CST)
Received: from frapeml500001.china.huawei.com (7.182.85.94) by frapeml500004.china.huawei.com (7.182.85.22) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2, cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256) id 15.1.2507.31; Mon, 23 Oct 2023 18:09:00 +0200
Received: from frapeml500001.china.huawei.com ([7.182.85.94]) by frapeml500001.china.huawei.com ([7.182.85.94]) with mapi id 15.01.2507.031; Mon, 23 Oct 2023 18:09:00 +0200
From: Olga Havel <olga.havel@huawei.com>
To: Benoit Claise <benoit.claise@huawei.com>, "mohamed.boucadair@orange.com" <mohamed.boucadair@orange.com>, "oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com" <oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com>, "Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com" <Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com>, "thomas.graf@swisscom.com" <thomas.graf@swisscom.com>, "digitalmap-yang@ietf.org" <digitalmap-yang@ietf.org>
Thread-Topic: Initial draft of the version 01 of the draft-olga-digital-map
Thread-Index: AQHaAq022+xI+/VZoEioikAfHnFhCbBRXeXwgAEBU0CABTGAIA==
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 16:09:00 +0000
Message-ID: <98a9594bfe56470eafe48566bf2a7af5@huawei.com>
References: <343d0b36bfb4426db2f2c9a2088000c6@huawei.com> <DU2PR02MB10160EB6942FF230DD246A28488D5A@DU2PR02MB10160.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com> <8d5117ef-4bd4-5fb3-e65d-5e603f3712bc@huawei.com>
Accept-Language: zh-CN, en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
x-originating-ip: [10.206.138.71]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_000_98a9594bfe56470eafe48566bf2a7af5huaweicom_"
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-CFilter-Loop: Reflected
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/digitalmap-yang/5GvDbxzP9TpTFvDklwcr6r93I0c>
Subject: Re: [Digitalmap-yang] Initial draft of the version 01 of the draft-olga-digital-map
X-BeenThere: digitalmap-yang@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.39
Precedence: list
List-Id: digitalmap-yang <digitalmap-yang.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/digitalmap-yang>, <mailto:digitalmap-yang-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/digitalmap-yang/>
List-Post: <mailto:digitalmap-yang@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:digitalmap-yang-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/digitalmap-yang>, <mailto:digitalmap-yang-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 16:09:04 -0000

Dear Authors,

I submitted the version 01 of the draft-havel-opsawg-digital-map. I hope you all got the email for approval, please let me know if there are any problems.

Best Regards,
Olga


From: Olga Havel
Sent: Friday 20 October 2023 10:23
To: 'Benoit Claise' <benoit.claise@huawei.com>; 'mohamed.boucadair@orange.com' <mohamed.boucadair@orange.com>; 'oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com' <oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com>; 'Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com' <Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com>; 'thomas.graf@swisscom.com' <thomas.graf@swisscom.com>; 'digitalmap-yang@ietf.org' <digitalmap-yang@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: Initial draft of the version 01 of the draft-olga-digital-map

Hi all,

I incorporated Benoit’s comments as well. I generated txt and html for the new xml files with Benoit’s and Med’s comments. Please note these are the new files because as the name of the file contains the version, therefore we have separate files for version 00 and version 01.

I merged the changes to the main.
https://github.com/OlgaHuawei/draft-olga-digital-map

If you change directly, please change the following file in the pull request:
https://github.com/OlgaHuawei/draft-olga-digital-map/blob/main/draft-havel-opsawg-digital-map-01.xml

Please come back to me before Monday (ietf submission deadline ) for any comments you want to include into the version 01.

Best Regards,
Olga


From: Olga Havel
Sent: Thursday 19 October 2023 18:45
To: Benoit Claise <benoit.claise@huawei.com<mailto:benoit.claise@huawei.com>>; mohamed.boucadair@orange.com<mailto:mohamed.boucadair@orange.com>; oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com<mailto:oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com>; Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com<mailto:Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com>; thomas.graf@swisscom.com<mailto:thomas.graf@swisscom.com>; digitalmap-yang@ietf.org<mailto:digitalmap-yang@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: Initial draft of the version 01 of the draft-olga-digital-map

Hi Med,

Thanks you so much for the updates. I approved and merged.
As Benoit suggested, we will discuss other comments in Prague.

Any other comments or updates are welcome, we need to submit the draft by end of Monday.

Best Regards,
Olga

From: Benoit Claise
Sent: Thursday 19 October 2023 17:56
To: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com<mailto:mohamed.boucadair@orange.com>; Olga Havel <olga.havel@huawei.com<mailto:olga.havel@huawei.com>>; oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com<mailto:oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com>; Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com<mailto:Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com>; thomas.graf@swisscom.com<mailto:thomas.graf@swisscom.com>; digitalmap-yang@ietf.org<mailto:digitalmap-yang@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: Initial draft of the version 01 of the draft-olga-digital-map

Hi Med,

Thanks for engaging
On 10/18/2023 8:25 PM, mohamed.boucadair@orange.com<mailto:mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> wrote:
Hi Olga, all,

Thanks for taking care of this update.

Some quick fixes + a question can be seen at https://github.com/OlgaHuawei/draft-olga-digital-map/pull/11.

I’m not sure to follow the rationale or digest the benefits in the section about IS-IS topo.
It's true it's not easy information to digest.
During the IETF, we (actually Olga :-) ) will be sharing drawings of an IS-IS real network.
Actually, two pictures:
    one with the current RFC8345 capabilities
    one with potential improvements
From there, we want to collect operator feedback on the direction forward. Basically, improving RFC8345.
In the end, it all depends on the use cases operators have in mind for their Digital Map.

Regards, Benoit

The text about I-D.davis-opsawg-some-refinements-to-rfc8345 is provided twice. Not sure if that was intentional.

Cheers,
Med

De : Olga Havel <olga.havel@huawei.com><mailto:olga.havel@huawei.com>
Envoyé : mercredi 18 octobre 2023 15:26
À : oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com<mailto:oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com>; Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com<mailto:Ahmed.Elhassany@swisscom.com>; thomas.graf@swisscom.com<mailto:thomas.graf@swisscom.com>; BOUCADAIR Mohamed INNOV/NET <mohamed.boucadair@orange.com><mailto:mohamed.boucadair@orange.com>; Benoit Claise <benoit.claise@huawei.com><mailto:benoit.claise@huawei.com>; digitalmap-yang@ietf.org<mailto:digitalmap-yang@ietf.org>
Objet : Initial draft of the version 01 of the

Dear Authors and other group members,

I updated the draft-havel-opsawg-digital-map<https://github.com/OlgaHuawei/draft-olga-digital-map> with the following (as version 01):

  1.  Updated the number of drafts that augment ietf-network-topology based on the latest YANG catalogue information
  2.  Minor editorial updates
  3.  Changed oscar’s draft to opsawg (draft-ogondio-opsawg-isis-topology)
  4.  Added Nigel’s draft reference (draft-davis.opsawg-some-refinments-to-rfc8345) and some text pointing to it
  5.  Added network Design as listed in IS-IS Topology draft by Oscar (draft-ogondio-opsawg-isis-topology)
  6.  I added 2  ore extensions required based on the PoC in section “What is not in the basic model” and I added sections for each one of them

     *   Network part of other networks
     *   Nodes, Links and tps belong to different networks

  1.  I added more content based on the PoC enhancements for the section ‘Links Between networks’
  2.  I added 2 sections for the new extensions

The latest docs are on https://github.com/OlgaHuawei/draft-olga-digital-map/tree/olga-ietf118, let me know if you have any major comments before I merge to master.
The files are attached here as well.

I will proceed with additional content, but the deadline is to submit draft by end of Monday. We can make other changes later.
I will also create separate threads for each separate issue.

Best regards,
Olga

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc

pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler

a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,

Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.



This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;

they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.

As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.

Thank you.