[Dime] FW: DIME Milestones Update

"Hannes Tschofenig" <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Tue, 23 December 2008 10:23 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: dime@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:23:59 +0200
Subject: [Dime] FW: DIME Milestones Update
Sender: dime-bounces@ietf.org

Hi all,

I had a chat with Dan about the adjustments of the milestones and I crafted
the following list:

--------------------------------

DONE.......Submit "Diameter API" to the IESG for consideration as an
Informational RFC

DONE.......Submit "Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Network Access Server
to Diameter Server Interaction" to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed
Standard.

DONE.......Submit "Quality of Service Parameters for Usage with Diameter" to
the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.

Dec 2008...Submit "Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Home Agent to Diameter
Server Interaction" to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.

Jan 2009...Submit Revision of "Diameter Base Protocol" to the IESG for
consideration as a Proposed Standard

Jan 2009...Submit "Quality of Service Attributes for Diameter" to the IESG
for consideration as a Proposed Standard

Jan 2009...Submit "Diameter QoS Application" to the IESG for consideration
as a Proposed Standard

Jan 2009...Submit "Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol" as
DIME working group item

Jan 2009...Submit "Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing
Clarifications" as DIME working group item

Jan 2009...Submit "Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6" as DIME working group item

Mar 2009...Submit "Diameter Application Design Guidelines" to the IESG for
consideration as a BCP document

Apr 2009...Submit "Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing
Clarifications" to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard

Apr 2009...Submit "Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6" to the IESG for consideration
as a Proposed Standard

May 2009...Submit "Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol" to
the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard

--------------------------------

A few notes regarding the items:

* in the current milestones list at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dime-charter.html we do not have 'QoS
Attributes for Diameter' and 'QoS parameters for Usage w/ Diameter'. Some
time back we decided to split the Diameter QoS work into three documents and
I believe we should capture this aspect in the updated milestone list.

* There are 3 new items in the list, namely
  - "Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol"
    (based on
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-dondeti-dime-erp-diameter-02.txt)
  - "Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing Clarifications"
    (based on
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-korhonen-dime-nai-routing-02.txt)
  - "Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6"
    (based on http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-korhonen-dime-pmip6-04.txt)

* When writing the above list I was wondering whether we actually need to go
for Proposed Standard for these three documents. With RFC3588bis we could
also use Informational RFCs and then upgrade them once we got implementation
and deployment experience. I believe that this would allow us to publish
documents faster. I wonder what the group thinks about that idea?

* I made a proposal regarding the milestones and I was wondering whether the
group considers my suggestion as realistic.

Ciao
Hannes