Re: [Dime] About DCCA

Marco Stura <mstura@ooredoo.com> Fri, 09 May 2014 05:39 UTC

From: Marco Stura <mstura@ooredoo.com>
To: devoss ind <devoss.ind@gmail.com>, "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 05:38:47 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.16.99.103]
x-exclaimer-md-config: e2f59e9d-2ace-4eb8-ad46-dee98c3fdea5
Subject: Re: [Dime] About DCCA

Hi Devoss,

I guess you are referring to credit pooling, right?

At the time when we worked on DCCA we thought to just include examples illustrating how it works, the examples could be used to derive how multiplier can be calculated. But we didn’t want to specify any formula other than the one necessary to implement the credit pooling concept.

It is assumed that the credit control server has access to the rating parameters and uses those as input when computing the multiplier. The multiplier can then be calculated using any formula with the rating value as input. In the examples we have in RFC 4006 we simply used rating_value * 10 or rating_value *100 to make calculations easy, but can be anything more complex to make it difficult for the client to guess the actual rating parameters.

For example could be M == ROUND(rating_value*RAND()*1255 )

It’s just an example, but it’s really up to implementers what formula to use.

Hope this helps.

BR,
Marco