Re: [Dime] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-zhou-dime-4over6-provisioning-04.txt

<lionel.morand@orange.com> Wed, 17 September 2014 14:11 UTC

From: lionel.morand@orange.com
To: Tom Taylor <tom.taylor.stds@gmail.com>, "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:11:48 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.197.38.4]
Subject: Re: [Dime] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-zhou-dime-4over6-provisioning-04.txt

"I can't find Framed-IPv6-Prefix AVP in the IANA registry"

It is because it is one of the reuse of RADIUS attributes and it is therefore part of AVP codes reserved for RADIUS attributes. You can look into the table given in http://www.iana.org/assignments/radius-types/radius-types.xhtml#radius-types-2
You can also refer to RFC 7155 when the AVP is defined.

If you are considering reusing the Framed-IPv6-Prefix AVP, we may also consider reusing the IP-Address AVP (Address type) defined in RFC 5777 to convey either an IPv4 or an IPv6.

Again, this is only a proposal and others might have another opinion. I just try to move forward this draft in the best and easiest direction.

Regards,

Lionel