Re: [Dime] Alternate (secondary) peers in diameter commands

Vineet Vashishth <vin.vashishth@gmail.com> Mon, 20 February 2012 18:24 UTC

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:54:03 +0530
From: Vineet Vashishth <vin.vashishth@gmail.com>
To: Krishna Prasad <kprasad@sandvine.com>
Cc: "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Dime] Alternate (secondary) peers in diameter commands

Hi Krishna,

Yes, diameter protocol does not talk about the implementation of failover
and failvack.  But I believe its not a good idea to have a pre-decided set
of secondary peers, as the peers which are configured might not be up at
exact time, when a diameter node wants to do failover. It should be dynamic
selection.

Instead a simpler implementation would be, to select a peer from the list
of the locally configured peers (that are up) and which supports same
application.

Regards,
Vineet