Re: [Dime] Question on Auth-Application-Id AVP in Diameter answermessages

"Gowda, Avinash" <agowda@starentnetworks.com> Thu, 26 February 2009 16:58 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:28:01 +0530
From: "Gowda, Avinash" <agowda@starentnetworks.com>
To: Ankit Kumar Sharma <ankit.sharma@aricent.com>, dime@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Dime] Question on Auth-Application-Id AVP in Diameter answermessages

Hi Ankit,

As per RFC 3588 Bis15

6.8.  Auth-Application-Id AVP

   The Auth-Application-Id AVP (AVP Code 258) is of type Unsigned32 and
   is used in order to advertise support of the Authentication and
   Authorization portion of an application (see Section 2.4
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-12#section-2.4>
).  If
   present in a message other than CER and CEA, the value of the Auth-
   Application-Id AVP MUST match the Application Id present in the
   Diameter message header.

When the same Application-Id is present in Diameter Header then what is
the necessity of having duplicate data in this Auth-Application-Id AVP?

Thanks,

Avinash Gowda