[Dime] Diameter application for PMIP6 (chargeable-User-ID) question

"Bibi Blocksberg" <spawnrr@gmx.de> Wed, 16 July 2008 19:40 UTC

From: Bibi Blocksberg <spawnrr@gmx.de>
To: dime@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:41:24 +0200
Subject: [Dime] Diameter application for PMIP6 (chargeable-User-ID) question
Sender: dime-bounces@ietf.org

 Hi all,

 I've one question regarding the draft 'korhonen-dime-pmip6-03.txt'
 (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-korhonen-dime-pmip6-03.txt).

 If the MAG performs a user-authentication toward the HAAA
 server, it uses the User-Name AVP to identify the MN. After a
 successful authentication the HAAA server replies with a
 Chargeable-User-Identity.

 My question: Should the MAG use the Chargeable-User-Identity
 for the PBU and its MN-ID option, or should the MAG use the
 content of the User-Name AVP as MN-ID option in the PBU?

 Section 6.2 on page 14 says that the User-Name
 AVP must contain the MN identity if the LMA sends a Diameter
 message toward the HAAA server. The value for the User-Name
 AVP the LMA has extracted from the received PBU (MN-ID option).

 In my view it isn't clear if the User-Name AVP toward the HAAA
 server should contain the Chargeable-User-ID AVP content to authorize the
 PBU, or if the AA-Request and its User-Name AVP contains
 the NAI, which was initially used to authenticate the MN by the MAG?

 If the User-Name AVP toward the HAA server contains the Chargeable-User-ID
 AVP content, then the real identity of the MN can be concealed from the
LMA, but
 the HAAA server is able to identify the real identity of MN, as it has
assigned the
 Chargeable User-ID.

 I hope, you can provide me with some information on this matter.

 Thanks you in advance

 Rafael