Re: [dispatch] FW: I-D Action:draft-jones-ipmc-session-id-00.txt

Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com> Mon, 29 November 2010 14:29 UTC

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:30:24 +0200
From: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>
To: dispatch@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dispatch] FW: I-D Action:draft-jones-ipmc-session-id-00.txt

Hi Paul,

I find the approach of endpoints exchange of a unique value to form the
session-id
quite interesting.

your description of how to use it in a multipoint conference  (section 6)
actually can be easily adapted also for disaggregated media scenario
described in SPLICES wg
and in draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-loreto-splices-disaggregated-media-00.txt

not completly sure that UUID and using Contact to exchange it are the
right/safe way to do it.

cheers
/Sal