Re: [dispatch] SIP media load balancer requirement

"Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Wed, 02 May 2012 12:18 UTC

From: "Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: dave Cruse <davecruse1@hotmail.com>, "rmohanr@cisco.com" <rmohanr@cisco.com>, "dispatch@ietf.org" <dispatch@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 12:18:48 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.70.54.41]
Subject: Re: [dispatch] SIP media load balancer requirement

Dave,

Sec 3.5 of draft-partha-dispatch-siploadbalancing-survey-00 provides the existing mechanism for  SIP media load balancing. One of the solution is draft-partha-soc-overload-resource-availability-00<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-partha-soc-overload-resource-availability-00> but the downside is that of defining the units like CPU, Memory, DSP channels.

Please read inline for more comments.

Thanks
Partha