[dispatch] A draft about delay limits for real-time services

"Jose Saldana" <jsaldana@unizar.es> Fri, 11 December 2015 15:11 UTC

From: Jose Saldana <jsaldana@unizar.es>
To: dispatch@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 16:10:55 +0100
Cc: 'Mirko Sužnjević' <Mirko.Suznjevic@fer.hr>
Subject: [dispatch] A draft about delay limits for real-time services

Hi all,

We have just submitted this draft: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-dispatch-delay-limits/

It surveys a set of recommendations about the maximum latency tolerated by the users of services with delay constraints.

Some recommendations already exist for e.g. VoIP, but emerging services as e.g. online gaming, have different requirements.

Different papers in the literature reporting these constraints are surveyed, and a summary of the latency limits for each service is provided.

The draft has been adapted from a more specific one, which was submitted some time ago to the Transport Area WG (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf/). The current version is more general, and not specific for the case of traffic optimization with multiplexing.

We have submitted the draft to the Dispatch WG, since we believe this is related to Real-time services. If people in the list could provide some guidance about the best place for this document, it would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Jose Saldana & Mirko Suznjevic