Re: [dispatch] Requesting DISPATCH advice on draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-09

"Spencer Dawkins" <spencer@wonderhamster.org> Mon, 26 October 2009 20:43 UTC

From: Spencer Dawkins <spencer@wonderhamster.org>
To: "Haluska, John J" <jhaluska@telcordia.com>, dispatch@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:43:02 -0500
Cc: "Haluska, John J" <jhaluska@telcordia.com>, gonzalo.camarillo@ericsson.com
Subject: Re: [dispatch] Requesting DISPATCH advice on draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-09

One minor addition to John's summary - I had some concerns about handling people 100+ page documents, but I've gotten 100+ page documents as a Gen-ART reviewer. I'm remembering PIM (which I got) and NFS4 (which I did NOT get) as case studies...

My larger concern was that some of the material was clearly descriptive text (INFO), some was tagged as BCP, and some was headed towards protocol gap analysis and solution (PS) - I thought a document split would help reviewers focus on the kind of review that's needed for specific parts of the proposal.

So please do provide feedback on possible splits, and whether this is helpful - nobody wants to make a serious editorial pass if it's not necessary!

Thanks,

Spencer