[dispatch] draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-17 and draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid-11

Andrew Allen <aallen@blackberry.com> Thu, 24 October 2013 16:53 UTC

From: Andrew Allen <aallen@blackberry.com>
To: "dispatch@ietf.org" <dispatch@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:51:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.67.110.252]
Subject: [dispatch] draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-17 and draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid-11

Revisions of the following drafts were recently submitted to address the IETF last call comments.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-17.txt

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid-11.txt

Offline discussion indicates that there are still concerns over the ABNF for the IMEI and the privacy text in draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-17.

Main question on the ABNF is whether the ABNF should be extensible to support additional NSS under the GSMA NID.  The concern seems to be that new NSS might be created without going through the IETF consensus process. The draft states that this process will be used for approval of any additional NSS.  My concern is if we remove extensibility from the ANF now does that create problems for parsers if new NSS are defined and approved in the future?

I request comments on the list. Constructive criticism would be helpful with proposed text to include to address the concerns particularly on the privacy issue.

Andrew