Re: [dispatch] Revised Proposed Session-ID Charter

"Dawes, Peter, VF-Group" <Peter.Dawes@vodafone.com> Tue, 21 February 2012 14:58 UTC

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:58:09 +0100
From: "Dawes, Peter, VF-Group" <Peter.Dawes@vodafone.com>
To: "Paul E. Jones" <paulej@packetizer.com>, dispatch@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dispatch] Revised Proposed Session-ID Charter

Hi Paul,
Thanks for reading the draft. It is expected (clause 6.) that the
configuration framework in RFC 6080 will be used with a profile type of
"User Profile", so subscription to d1.foocorp.com would be as below
(from RFC 6080).

Regards,
Peter

(RFC 6080)
5.1.4.3.  User Profile Type

   To create a Subscription URI to request the user profile on behalf of
   a user, the device needs to know the user's AoR.  This can be
   statically or dynamically configured on the device (e.g., user input,
   or propagated as part of the device profile).  Similar to device
   profiles, the content and propagation of user profiles may differ,
   based on deployment scenarios (i.e., users belonging to the same
   domain may -- or may not -- be provided the same profile).  To create
   a Subscription URI, the following rules apply:

Petrie & Channabasappa       Standards Track                   [Page 21]
RFC 6080               SIP Configuration Framework            March 2011

   o  The device MUST set the Request-URI to the user AoR.

   o  The device MUST populate the From field with the user AoR.

   An authoritative SIP proxy for a SIP provider's network that receives
   a profile enrollment request for the user profile type will route
   based on the Event Header field values, thus allowing a subscription
   to the user's AoR to be routed to the appropriate PDS.