[DMM] FW: New Version Notification for draft-yan-dmm-man-11.txt

Tianji Jiang <tianjijiang@chinamobile.com> Thu, 13 July 2023 00:46 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 17:45:58 -0700
From: Tianji Jiang <tianjijiang@chinamobile.com>
To: dmm@ietf.org
Subject: [DMM] FW: New Version Notification for draft-yan-dmm-man-11.txt

Hi, DMM experts:

Good afternoon.

We, the authors of the draft, have submitted a newer version of the draft (ver#11) ‘Mobility Capability Negotiation’ to the IETF-117, and are currently planning to present in-person in the DMM session.

Thank you for all the valuable comments & suggestions from previous discussions (via IETF DMM sessions, email, f2f talks, etc.). This time, we have made significant editing of the document and then restructured the draft accordingly (as the 11th version now). The latest version revolves around the management planes of both the wireless and mobile-IP domains. We started by talking about the common mobility capabilities including the supported and provisioned resources along with associated protocols for certain mobility management scenarios.  Then, we generalized two protocol categories for mobility capability negotiation & management, i.e., the host-initiated category that involves the direct & active engagement of mobile end devices vs. the network-based category over which mobile endpoints play almost no role in the process, for both domains. After that, we applied the categorization to analyze the mobility capability negotiation for both the mobile IPv6 and the 3GPP 5G system. We also further dived into the 5G roaming cases, the Home-Routed (HR) and the Local BreakOut (LBO) roaming, which indeed reflect the feasibility of our protocol dichotomy.

So, DMM experts, we appreciate if you can spare some time in the next two weeks, read it over, and then share your comments. As of now, we intend to ask for a potential WG adoption in the coming IETF-117 DMM session. Thank you for your time!

BR,

-Tianji